HeartCar: The Evolution of the Family Car
HeartCar came about when we watched our kids trample our purses on the backseat floor. It dawned on us that there’s no place in a car for a woman to put her bag. We looked around our cars and realized that our glove boxes and center bins were a jumble, our kids screamed because they can’t reach anything, every surface was messy and we were driving one-eyed and one-handed with the other reaching awkwardly into the back seat. It’s not safe. It’s not convenient. It’s not the dream that the commercials promise. Why aren’t cars made for the people who use them most, to satisfy the people who often make the final purchase decision in order to transport their most precious cargo?
Mothership HackerMoms gathered a task force to poll the community of parents and kids at the 2013 Mini Maker Faire. The response was passionate and overwhelming. We need a new family car – and not a minivan.
HackerMoms HeartCar Team
We’re all parents as well as founders, entrepreneurs, designers and innovators. By pooling knowledge and resources to create HeartCar, we aim to change the way we make cars and drive them.
- Sho Sho Smith, Founder of Mothership HackerMoms
- Julie Tinker Ward, Lead Designer and Co-founder of Mothership HackerMoms
- Samantha Cook, Founder of Curiosity Hacked and Co-founder of Mothership HackerMoms
- Josh Whitkin, Video Game Designer
- Rachel McCrafty, Graphic artist, designer, hacker and maker
- Andreea Gorbatai, Professor at the U.C. Berkeley Haas School of Business
Want to get involved?
We’re looking for revolutionary moms, entrepreneurs, experts, hackers and makers in the automotive industry, custom car design and media to help the HeartCar cause. Donate your time, dollars or expertise to make HeartCar a reality. Contact Sho Sho Smith and Julie Tinker Ward at email@example.com for more information.