Happy almost back-to-school/Burning Man! We applaud the HackerMoms in hot pants who are offloading the kids and riding their bikes into the desert sunset next week. Here’s what the rest of us will be doing:
- This Tues 8/21 10am-noon: Failure Club first meeting and weekly thereafter. Let’s do it!!!
- This Thurs 8/23: Terrarium Workshop with upcycled furniture maker/HackerMom Wendy Renz
- This Sat 8/25 10am-Noon: Palette Gate Group Project - with upcycled furniture maker/HackerMom Wendy Renz
- Next Thurs 8/30 6-8pm: Craftperitif for all at Open House making no-sew tutus to sell at Sept 7 Art Murmur. Also HackerMoms at Monsoon/mHealth event in downtown Berkeley 6-9pm.
- Next week tbd: HackerMoms monthly business meeting (members only)
- September so far: Art Murmur 9/7, Breastmilk Baby Lotion Lab 9/30 (you’ll love this, new moms)
(New calendar format with details at http://mothership.hackermoms.org/events/ - yes, including a description of the Failure Club! Please RSVP for all events at email@example.com.)
Other fab news:
- We took a field trip to the DIY project website Instructables in SF at their office/lab/workshop with pet-like simplebots, a walking treadmill work station and other marks of creative utopia. Yup, I’d work full-time at that dream job. Instead, we’ll just turn our projects into instructables, too – starting with Wendy’s terrariums.
- We were interviewed for a French website on digital topics, omni.fr, with journalist Sabine Blanc who’s written some great articles on world hackerspaces:
- Got donations of several computers fully loaded with Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection. Membership has its privileges…
- Our Kickstarter video is looking tight! Launching in Sept, so get ready to press play.
- New HackerMoms website should be coming along shortly in all its amazing Drupal glory.